ITIL Consulting Company profile
ITIL Consulting is the pioneer and most experienced company in improving IT processes and IT management methods in Israel. The company is focused on business processes consultancy based on ITIL Best Practices. We provide the best specialists in ITIL Assessment, improving your IT work-processes and running projects of implementing Service Desks, and all other ITSM processes.
The company founded by Benny Kamin, the ITIL pioneer in Israel, with the richest practical experience in leading projects of IT processes implementation. The list of success stories includes major banks and enterprise organizations beside medium and small companies, who gain benefits from the wisdom of ITIL Best Practices.
The ITIL Consulting company founded by Benny Kamin on 2006, right after he established the Israeli itSMF chapter – the ITIL / ITSM user group. Benny served as the President of itSMF Israeli chapter and as a public opinion leader that spread ITIL awareness country wide.
Today, ITIL Consulting provides vast consulting services such as: “ITIL Assessment” service to analyze and map the existing IT processes, performing a gap analysis between the current IT work-processes to the global common Best Practices, creating a strategic IT plan, taking full responsibility for process implementation project (like: service desk project, change mgmt. project, SLA project etc.) and leading a “customer oriented” change in any IT.
Partial list of our success stories:
- Providing a long-term strategic plan for Weizmann Institute, Rafael, Assuta Medical Centers, Coca-Cola, Banks and financial organization, as part of “ITIL Assessment” execution.
Designing and implementing efficient work processes, applying advanced practice during deploying new CA Service Desk tool at Weizmann Institute.
- Strategic plan of the Service Management process at Bank Poalim. Reducing the critical incidents by 25% (!) during implementation of efficient problem processes based on ITIL.
Applying SLA (Service Level agreement) measurements for continual service improvement.
- Leading the deployment of the first CMDB in Israel at Bank Leumi, includes data collection, CI updating process, and applying Service Impact Mgmt. tool, Based on BMC Remedy.
- Assessing and preparation Bank Poalim‘s service desk for ISO 20000 certification audit, making the bank the first institute in Israel to became ISO 20000 certified.
- Assessing and preparation the whole IT of Motorola Israel, to achieve ISO 20000 certification.
- Planning processes, writing procedures and implementing a Release Management process in Bank Leumi. Planning and establishment of Integration-test-environment in the bank.
- Deploying work processes to keep continuity of IT Services (DRP) at “ZIM shipping“, and the global “Ness Technologies“.
- Preparation 12 training courses on ITIL processes for the global ITSM implementation program of 1,200 customers HPE facilities.
On each of the above projects we made the organizational culture change using Management-Of-Organizational-Change technics. It assists us with fast deployment and with objections prevention. On those project we put our effort on obtaining management Sponsorship, increasing awareness, preparing clear-and-easy-to-use procedures, providing detailed training and support, until full value is gained for the organization.
Our CEO – Mr. Benny Kamin
1993 – 1997 MBA (Master of Business Administration), The Technion University, Haifa. Graduated with honors, majored in Marketing & Project management.
1983 – 1986 B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science), in Mechanical Engineering, The Technicon University, Haifa. Graduated Summa Cum Laude, majored in Computers and CAD/CAM.
1999 – 2009 ITIL EXPERT Certified, ITIL Manager Certification and ITIL foundation certification. Completed many extra-curricular management courses, such as:
- Management of Change in organizations, Project Management Methodologies (PMBoK, FocusPM)
- Advanced Project Management, Risk Management, Consulting skills, Negotiation & Sales skills,
- ISO 20000 Consultant course.
- Additional technical courses completed:
HP-OpenView suite, Tivoli, BMC Patrol, EAI Architecture, ERP systems (includes SAP Basis), PDM, OS, and more.
Familiar with most ITSM suits: Service Now, Remedy, CA-SD, OpenView, Tivoli.
Presented in many of ITIL-related conferences, worldwide.
2006 – 2016 ITIL Consulting – Senior ITIL consultant and implementer.
Leading organizational changes by implementing efficient IT processes for IT organizations, based on ITIL best practices. Projects included:
Design ITSM architecture for Weizmann Institute’s IT, and leading the organizational cultural change during Service Desk implementation and other ITSM processes.
Building the first Israeli CMDB at Bank Leumi – the largest bank in Israel.
Providing IT assessment and preparing Bank Poalim’s Service Desk for reorganization and improvements through ISO 20000 certification (the first in Israel).
Implementing Continuity Management processes at few global enterprises (“ZIM shipping” and “Ness Technologies”).
Providing IT assessment and IT-work-processes gap-analysis to many organizations like global ZIM Shipping, Weizmann Institute, Bank Leumi, Rafael, Coca-Cola etc.
Developing an ITIL-based training materials for HPE global ITSM program, and providing ITIL Foundation courses as trainer at HP Israel.
2005 – 2012 itSMF Israel – founder and President of the Israeli itSMF chapter.
Established the local ITIL interest user group (as a Non-Profit-Organization) for hundreds of members (CIOs, Infrastructure Managers). Managing the organization, running 5 big annual conferences and many bi-monthly professional meetings.
2004 – 2006 XOR Technologies – Senior Project Manager and ITIL consultant
Management of complex projects focused on BSM, and implementation of ITIL processes in organizations like Bank Leumi, Discount, Poalim and more.
2003 – 2004 Malam – Senior Project Manager for an enterprise-scale development Project,
John-Bryce hi-tech Education Center – trainer for the “Project Management at Hi-tech Organizations” long duration course (100’s academic hours).
1997 – 2003 Hewlett Packard (HP) – Senior Project Manager at HP Consulting.
Management of enterprise-scale projects, such as:
Complete responsibility over the ERP (MFG-pro) implementations at 12 factories of the Israeli Military Industries (Taas), SAP implementation for 11 hospitals (“Namer” project), SAP infrastructure management project at Nestle-OSEM food industries, as well as management of the largest NSM (Network Systems Mgmt.) implementation project in Israel at the Israel-Electric-Company using the “HP OpenView” ITSM suite.
As an expert in ITIL method – managed an ITIL project for the largest bank in Israel, focused on the implementation of a “Release” process for the bank’s applications.
1994 – 1997 Rafael – Leading an EDM (Enterprise Data Mgmt.) implementation project.
This role included the design and implementation of new work processes, operate & support the application on various varieties of hardware/ OSs and applications.
1991 – 1994 Aviation Factory of TAAS Haifa – IT manager, board member of the factory, and leader of the ERP project. Design and Choosing an ERP solution for the factory.
This role included overall responsibility for computerized processes and IT operation within the factory.
1990 – 1991 McDonnell-Douglas R&D subsidiary – IT manager of a CAD/CAM facility at Long beach, California. This role included implementation of advanced computerized design environment, and overall responsibility on complex network with VAX-VMS workstations, PCs and Macs. This role also included programming, support and administration of CAD & Finite-Elements applications.
1986 – 1990 Manager of CAD/CAM department at Israel Shipyards naval engineering branch. Implementation and management of the CAD/CAM capabilities within the Shipyards. Includes design, definition, selection & processes implementation of CAD/CAM tools, software development, supporting & promoting the use of computerized tools within the organization.
Fluent in Hebrew and English. Excellent presentation skills.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Vast experience in IT management and project management in large IT organizations.
Expert in management of organizational change and Business-Processes implementation.
- Remarkable abilities in executive briefings and presentations (preparation and presentation), excellent interpersonal communication skills both as a manager and as a loyal member in a team.
- An expertise in Business-processes, Systems-analysis and Project-management throughout the whole lifecycle: from architecture through design, risk analysis, staffing, execution by motivation and leadership, budget control, monitoring, and taking full responsibility over complex projects.
- Knowledge of project management tools (MS-Project), PM methodologies (PMBoK, FocusPM), and IT management methodologies (ITIL and others). Expert in all MS-office tools, knowledgeable in ERP systems.
- Prominent by my always positive approach and attitude. A customer oriented individual.
Graduate the Israeli Naval Officer’s Academy with Honors!
Served as the Chief-engineer on a Missile-ship. Carry a “Major” rank (Rav-Seren).